Phendrana's Edge is a room in the Phendrana Drifts region of Metroid Prime.
Without Grapple Beam
The easy method is to jump onto the bridge, then jump to the branch, then do a ghetto jump off the branch to reach the platform. Then it's trivial to reach the Artifact of Spirit. The Power Bomb Expansion can be obtained by doing an R-jump in place of using the Grapple Beam on the Glider.
The more difficult, but faster, method is to jump on the rocks by the door, then jump directly to the branch.
Without Grapple Beam and Space Jump
It is very difficult, but possible, to climb Phendrana's Edge and obtain the Artifact of Spirit under 21% conditions.
- Dash to the side platform. This can also be done with a laddered DBJ.
- Do a very precise dash to the branches on the side of the room. It is generally assumed that this dash requires a 1-frame B press to get the distance.
- UBJ or HBJ to the platform, then L-jump to the next platform.
- Do a precise laddered DBJ to the next platform.
- Dash to the platform with the door. There is a consistent setup for this dash that involves pausing, but it is possible to do it without pausing.
- Go to the top of the room and position the Glider so that it aims you directly toward a large rock outcropping on the Power Bomb Expansion side. Jump once, then grapple the Glider and swing toward the rock. Just before the peak of the grapple swing, let go and hold L, then press B to jump again. Once you land on the rock, you will need to jump carefully around the pillar and on top of the Glider. Once on the Glider, jump clear of the level.
- It is also possible to get out of bounds in this room using floaty jump.
- This was secret world #36 in the original numbering scheme.